Using the same powerful and reliable electric motor and battery system found on the eZee bikes range, the eZee kit converts your bicycle into a state-of-the-art electric bicycle. Uniquely, this kit provides a configurable control options that combine throttle control (great when starting) with adjustable pedalling assistance (great when cruising).
If you have a suitable bike, installation can be done in a few hours with basic DIY skills and a set of bike tools. However, we always recommend that this work is carried out or at least checked by us or a competent bicycle mechanic for safety and for the best ride possible. eco-Bikes can assess your bike for suitability and can install this conversion kit for you. We have fitted kits for many happy customers.
To give this kit a thorough test, our partners at Glow Worm Bicycles fitted this kit on a large Kona Ute cargo bicycle and rode it from Canberra to Melbourne through rain and frost without a hitch (read more).
Read about the pros and cons of retrofitting versus buying a complete electric bike here or about e-bike conversions in general here. Have a look at conversions done with this kit on Flickr.
- Combines pedal sensor and handlebar throttle controls
- Simple display panel for easily changing control options to best suit rider's need. This includes maximum speed limit.
- Hub mounted motor mounted to front wheel; (rear also available on order)
- Internal 5:1 planetary hub gears for motor drive for higher torque output
- Maximum assisted speed can be set at 25 or 30 km/hr
- Frewheel for lowest friction resistance
- Steel sun and ring gears
- The hub motor is already built into a front wheel
- Front wheels available in 20", 26" and 700C sizes
- Wheel rim is CNC machined, double walled, anodised black and uses high quality 13G stainless spokes.
- Front hub has a 6-hole ISO disc mount and 180mm rotor for disc brakes but is also compatible with V-Brakes
- Puncture resistant Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyre with reflective side walls provided on motor wheel. (We can provide a matching Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres for the rear wheel, for better rolling performance, fewer punctures and higher uniformity on the converted ebike)
- High quality eZee Bikes Lithium Ion battery (using Samsung cells) with internal battery management system
- 10 amp-hour or 370 watt-hour capacity running at 37 volts (3.1 kg). Optional 15 amp-hour or 455 watt-hour battery available for an extra $250.
- Smart 4 amp lithium-ion battery charger providing quick top up.
- Battery is normally attached to a supplied rear carrier rack but can also be attached on a seat post clamp rack suitable for many soft tail mountain bikes.
- The e-bike controller is housed in a waterproof, sealed aluminium case with military-grade conformal coating.
- Unique self-diagnosis system using light codes enables quick troubleshooting of any rare problems when starting and while riding.
- Two years for hub motor, controller and battery
- One year service warranty for your electric bicycle conversion if installed by eco-Bikes onto an approved bicycle.